Following in the footsteps of its predecessors, e.g. the award-winning Aton 2, group 0+ test winner in the 6/2012 Stiftung Warentest child car seat test, the Aton 5 adds to the features of the successful Aton series.
The unique safety features, e.g. the height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness guides, which improve the excellent accident safety of the energy absorbing shell in combination with the crash test proven Linear Side impact Protection (L.S.P.) System even further, and new comfort features, e.g. the huge XXL sun canopy, add up to a perfect infant carrier for premature babies and very small newborns. A new function allows an ideal sitting angle and ensures that small babies lie with their head, neck and chest perfectly aligned. The risk of suffocation by the head falling forward is thereby significantly reduced. The baby car seat can be used belted or with one of our optional bases for easy installation.
- Removable seat insert for a lie-flat position
- 8-position height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness guides
- Linear Side impact Protection (L.S.P.) System
- Integrated XXL fold-away sun canopy with UPF50+ sun protection
- Linear Side impact Protection (L.S.P.) System: The Linear Side impact Protection (L.S.P.) System absorbs the force of a side-impact collision in combination with the energy absorbing shell. The very first impact of an accident is distributed by the Linear Side impact Protection (L.S.P.) System and its extendable protector and absorbed by the flexible material structure of the seat. The flexible material and structure of the baby car seat then absorbs the forces of an impact and channels them away from the baby
- Removable Seat Insert: One of the biggest challenges for safety engineers is the best possible transportation of premature babies and very small newborns, whose neck muscles and reflexes are not yet well enough developed. Unfortunately, this can lead to the baby's head tipping forward while it sleeps, which can lead to serious breathing problems. Along with German doctors and midwives, and taking into account the findings of many tests, a function was developed that enables a near flat lying angle between head, neck and chest. The risk of suffocation is thereby significantly reduced. This is achieved through a removable seat insert, which also offers more space and comfort for bigger children once removed
- Height-adjustable headrest: An 8-position headrest with integrated harness guides is another aspect of the infant carrier’s optimal side-impact protection. The height of the harness adjusts automatically depending on the height of the headrest making the fiddly threading and unthreading of the straps a thing of the past. The Y-harness system has proven to be a very effective and comfortable safety solution particularly for very small babies. The soft seat inlay attached to the headrest can also be used to regulate the height of the baby’s pelvis.
- Integrated XXL sun canopy: Adjustable in 4 steps, with UPF50+ sun protection
- Energy-absorbing shell: With side-impact protection
- Softly padded seat inlay: Length- and height-adjustable and attached to the headrest
|Age Suitability:||From birth up to approx. 18 months. Child weight: 0 – 13 kg|
|Dimensions:||L 640 mm / W 430 mm / H 390 - 560 mm|
|Compatibility:||Compatible with Sensor Safe|
|Care Instructions:||Fabric covers machine washable at 30°|
Installation with base (option 1): It is not possible to use the baby seat with ISOFIX base in all vehicles without restrictions. Please check the compatibility of your vehicle. If your vehicle is not displayed, please contact our customer service team.
Installation with belt (option 2): The baby seat can be used on all vehicle seats with three-point automatic belt.